Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Bye, Bye Birdie


As 2011 comes to a close, and the decorations and ornaments are returned to their places for another year, I thought I'd photograph some of my favorite ornaments to share with you.   The ornaments just happen to be birds and eggs.  

As a child I remember begging my mother to do a “themed” Christmas tree.  I’m not exactly sure why I got this notion in my head, but I really wanted to decorate our tree in an unusual way.   Mostly I wanted to use one color for the lights and ornaments.  I think one year I suggested pink.  Another year I wanted to do only bows for ornaments.  My mother, a traditionalist, always refused remarking that I could do whatever I wanted when I had my own tree. 
Well I’ve had 15 years to do a themed tree of my own, but not once has it occurred to me to do this.  I guess this was the short-lived desire of a romantic adolescent.  But as I look over my choices for favorite ornaments I see that I do have a theme happening.  Who knows. Maybe there is a themed tree in my future?  Tweet, tweet.





Have A Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Love the ornaments and your tree! My tree also has birds and a few real bird nests tucked in that my mother collected over the years because all birds need a nest from time to time! Thanks for the great blog---Terry

    ReplyDelete